To round out National Nuclear Science Day, Excelsior College is hosting a webinar entitled Women in Nuclear: Professional Organizations and Career Advancement. The event is part of Excelsior College’s School of Business & Technology’s “Women in Technology” campaign.
The webinar panel is addressing a number of issues, including:
- What is the nature of the technological “Glass Maze”
- The current state of women in the nuclear field
- The role of professional organizations in furthering career development and advancement for women
- The benefits of memberships in nuclear and technological professional organizations
- The impact of voluntary support coalitions on leveling the playing field
- Where the nuclear industry is headed over the next decade
The panel features Coleen Ware, training director with the Tennessee Valley Authority; Erin West, licensing supervisor, Tennessee Valley Authority; Professional Development chair, NA-YGN; and Margaret Harding, one of ANS’s national spokespersons during the Fukushima nuclear crisis this past March and a contributor to the ANS Nuclear Cafe. Jane LeClair, Dean of the School of Business & Technology, Excelsior College , is moderating the discussion.
Visit the Excelsior College events weblink for more information—including how to register. The discussion is scheduled to run from 7:00 to 8:00 pm Eastern Time.