Mark your calendar: April 19
The Idaho Section of the American Nuclear Society is sponsoring an all-day event “Communicating in a Changing World: Social Media Workshop” on Thursday, April 19, at the Shilo Inn in Idaho Falls.
“This workshop is for those new to social media and those wanting to learn a few new tricks,” said Teri Ehresman, communications lead for Idaho National Laboratory (INL), when ANS Nuclear Cafe asked about the upcoming event. “Idaho National Laboratory has a new Nuclear App and, as part of the workshop, we want to share some of our lessons learned from that experience. We see social media as a way to help spread our message.”
The day-long workshop features a lineup of speakers, including Sarah Lane, co-host of iPad Today, the Social Hour, and Tech News Today at TWiT.tv.
The workshop schedule follows:
- 8:30 a.m. — Registration
- 9 a.m. — Speaker: Sarah Lane, San Francisco. She will speak on “Communications and Media at TWiT.tv, ” “Understanding Social Media,” and “Where are Social Media and Technology Going?”
- 12 p.m. — Lunch Speaker: Mike Hart, president of CommDesigns of Idaho Falls, will discuss “Reaching Mobile Audiences and the Challenges of App Development.” He will share lessons learned from developing the nuclear application for INL.
- 1 p.m. — Speaker: Cynthia Price, Richmond, Va., director of Communications for ChildFund International, will discuss “Developing and Using Social Media at ChildFund.org”
- 2 p.m. — Speaker: Misty Benjamin, INL Communications and Government Affairs, will discuss “Leveraging Social Media at Idaho National Laboratory”
- 3 p.m. — Speaker: Paul Menser, Idaho Falls blogger, will discuss “The Transition from Traditional to Social Media at the Local Level”
- 4:00 – 4:30 — Social time
RSVP to Teri Ehresman, Teri.Ehresman@inl.gov , or call her at 208-526-7785.