ANS President Eric Loewen said, regarding the event, “DD&R 2012 is the premiere forum to discuss the social, regulatory, scientific, and technical aspects of decontamination, decommissioning, reutilization, and waste management.”
DD&R 2012 promotes the development and sharing of best practices associated with the optimal management of decommissioning, decontamination, reutilization, and long-term surveillance and maintenance of nuclear and formerly nuclear installations, materials, facilities, and sites for the betterment of society. The embedded topical features three focused meeting tracks: Project, Technology, and Regulatory/Lessons Learned.
The Opening Plenary for DD&R is on Tuesday, June 26, and includes the following speakers:
- Bruce Watson, branch chief, Reactor Decommissioning Branch, Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Christine Gelles, director, Office of Disposal Operations, Department of Energy
- John Mathews, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- Jorg Michels, EnBW Kernkraft GmbH
- Val Christensen, president and chief executive officer, EnergySolutions, Inc.
DD&R 2012 is sponsored by the ANS Decommissioning, Decontamination and Reutilization Professional Division. Pat Daly, of Zion Solutions, is the general chair, and Sue Aggarwal, of NMNT Interactional Inc., is the technical program chair. James J. Byrne, of Byrne & Associates, LLC, serves as assistant technical program chair.
For more information on DD&R 2012 and the ANS 2012 Annual Conference, please click HERE.