The October 2012 issue of the technical journal Nuclear Technology is available electronically and in hard copy for American Nuclear Society member subscribers and others. Non-subscribers click here to learn how to subscribe to NT and other ANS titles.
NT is the international research journal of ANS and is edited by Dr. Nicholas Tsoulfanidis.
The October issue contains the following peer-reviewed articles:
- Acceptable Seismic-Induced Risks per U.S. Department of Energy Standards at Nuclear Facilities, by James J. Dahl, Shivi Singh, and Marvin G. Zimmerman
- Development of Erbia-Credit Super-High-Burnup Fuel: Evaluation of Minimum Erbia Content for Criticality Safety Analyses, by Masatoshi Yamasaki, Hironobu Unesaki, Akio Yamamoto, Toshikazu Takeda, and Masaaki Mori
- Characterizing Limited-Separations Fuel Cycles Using Breed-and-Burn Reactors, by Robert Petroski, Benoit Forget, and Charles Forsberg
- Fuzzy Evaluation of Horizontal Nuclear Proliferation Risk for More Efficient Resource Allocation of IAEA’s Integrated Safeguards, by Naoto Otsuka
- Determination Procedures of High Risk Zones for Local Wall Thinning Due to Flow-Accelerated Corrosion, by Shunsuke Uchida, Masanori Naitoh, Hidetoshi Okada, Hiroaki Suzuki, Soji Koikari, Seiichi Koshizuka, and Derek H. Lister
- Nonhomogeneous-Nonequilibrium Two-Phase-Flow Model for Nuclear Reactor Single-Channel Stability Analysis, by Jiyun Zhao, C. P. Tso, and K. J. Tseng
- Development of CAD-MCNP Interface Program GEOMIT and Its Applicability for ITER Neutronics Design Calculations, by Hesham R. Nasif, Fukuzo Masuda, Hidetsugu Morota, Hitomasa Iida, Satoshi Sato, and Chikara Konno
- The Behavior of Radiolytically Produced Hydrogen in a High-Level Liquid Waste Tank of a Reprocessing Plant: Hydrogen Concentration Under Gamma Irradiation of the Simulated Solution, by Takashi Kodama, Masanao Nakano, Kunio Fujita, Shingo Matsuoka, Yasuo Ito, Chihiro Matsuura, Hirotsugu Shiraishi, and Yousuke Katsumura
- Technology and Policy Aspects of Deep Borehole Nuclear Waste Disposal, by M. J. Driscoll, R. K. Lester, K. G. Jensen, B. W. Arnold, P. N. Swift, P. V. Brady
- Development of a U.S. Nuclear Waste Repository Research Program in Salt, by Bruce A. Robinson, Ned Z. Elkins, and Joe T. Carter
- A New Analysis of Composite Materials for Use in Glove-Box Applications, by Adam Davis and Donald J. Dudziak