The October 2012 issue of the technical journal Nuclear Science and Engineering is available electronically and in hard copy for American Nuclear Society member subscribers and others. Non-subscribers click here to learn how to subscribe to NSE and other ANS titles.
NSE is the international research journal of ANS and is edited by Dr. Dan Cacuci.
The October issue contains the following peer-reviewed articles:
- Asymptotic Wielandt Method and Superhistory Method for Source Convergence in Monte Carlo Criticality Calculation, by Ding She, Kan Wang, and Ganglin Yu
- Calculating the Second Eigenpair in Criticality Calculations Using the Monte Carlo Method with Source Points Pairing as an Efficient Net-Weight (Cancellation) Algorithm, by Bo Shi and Bojan Petrovic
- A Monte Carlo Code for Radiation Damage by Neutrons, by V. Kumar, Nagendra Singh Raghaw, and H. S. Palsania
- Zero Variance Penalty Model for the Generation of Covariance Matrices in Integral Data Assimilation Problems, by G. Noguere, P. Archier, C. De Saint Jean, and B. Habert
- Uncertainty Quantification for New Approaches to Spent Fuel Assay, by Tom Burr, Jeremy Conlin, Jianwei Hu, Jack Galloway, Vladimir Henzl, Howard Menlove, Martyn Swinhoe, Stephen Tobin, Holly Trellue, and Timothy Ulrich
- Explicit Flux Autocorrelation Dependence on Dominance Ratio in Monte Carlo Criticality Calculations of Large Cores, by Sergey S. Gorodkov
- Dispersion Properties of B4C Microparticles as Emergency Neutron Absorbers in Spent-Fuel Pool Water, by You-Jin Jung, Jaesik Hwang, Jei-Won Yeon, Bong Hyun Boo, and Kyuseok Song
- Fluctuations of Mass Yield Distribution for the Epithermal Fission of 235U and Its Impact on HCLWR Calculations, by P. Leconte, J.-P. Hudelot, and M. Antony
- A Parallel Krylov-Based Adjoint Sensitivity Analysis Procedure, by R. T. Evans and D. G. Cacuci