The February 2013 edition of the technical journal Nuclear Technology (NT) is available electronically and in hard copy for American Nuclear Society member subscribers and others.
NT is the international research journal of ANS and is edited by Nicholas Tsoulfanidis.
The February issue contains the following peer-reviewed articles:
- Methodology for Designing a Sodium-Cooled Fast Reactor with Inherent Safety, by N. E. Stauff, L. Buiron, B. Fontaine, G. Rimpault
- Superprism-Sized Breed-and-Burn Sodium-Cooled Core Performance, by Florent Heidet, Ehud Greenspan
- Shape Optimization of an Outlet Plenum of a Pebble Bed Modular Reactor, by Jae-Woo Ju, Sang-Moon Lee, Kwang-Yong Kim
- Critical Mass Estimates for Homogeneous Metal-Water Mixtures of Key Fissionable Nuclides, by Drew E. Kornreich
- New Risk Assessment Method for a Reprocessing Plant: Quantitative Safety Assessment, by Yoshikazu Tamauchi, Takashi Miyata, Kazumi Takebe, Yoshiaki Hayashi, Shingo Matsuoka, Kazuya Hayashi, Katsuya Kurosu
- Fuel Cycle Investigation for Wallpaper-Type HTR Fuel, by Alain Marmier, Michael A. Fütterer, Kamil Tucek, Jim C. Kuijper, Jaap Oppe, Biser Petrov, Jérôme Jonnet, Jan Leen Kloosterman, Brian Boer
- Synthesis Route for the Safe Production of Targets for Transmutation of Plutonium and Minor Actinides, by Catharina Nästrén, Asunción Fernandéz-Carretero, Joseph Somers
- Investigation of Fission Product Transport into Zeolite-A for Pyroprocessing Waste Minimization, by James R. Allensworth, Michael F. Simpson, Man-Sung Yim, Supathorn Phongikaroon
- Photon Intermediate Direct Energy Conversion Using a 90Sr Beta Source, by Robert J. Schott, Charles L. Weaver, Mark A. Prelas, Kyuhak Oh, Jason B. Rothenberger, R. V. Tompson, Denis A. Wisniewski
- Development of Self-Interrogation Neutron Resonance Densitometry to Improve Detection of Possible Diversions for PWR Spent Fuel Assemblies, by Adrienne M. Lafleur, William S. Charlton, Howard O. Menlove, Martyn T. Swinhoe, Alain R. Lebrun
- Synthesis of Silica-Coated Uranium Oxide Nanoparticles by Surfactant-Templated Sol-Gel Process for Use as Catalysts, by Shameem Hasan, Tushar K. Ghosh